Thursday 20 March 2014

Bath/Shower Favourites

Hello Lovelies,


  • Its Thursday, which means until 7.30pm i'm a free (usually hungover) little bird, and most probably will upload a new post every Thursday, plus hopefully at least one other a week.
  • On Monday we held a St Paddys Day fundraiser for my Cheer Team, it was such good fun and I felt like Peter Pan in my green tights
  • I had a job interview on Tuesday so fingers crossed for me :)
On to the products.




Before I talk about each product individually, I thought it would be helpful to let you know that I have pretty dry skin and very bleached, over treated hair. 

The Solitary Bath Product

This little beauty is from Lush (the best shop ever!) and it's called The Green Bubbleroon. Lush says "this moisturising, citrus-scented bubble bar will put you in mind of a fresh summer meadow. 

This is definitely my favourite bath time treat, and whilst i do smell some citrus notes (nothing overpowering), the main scent is freshly cut grass. Now this might not sound too appealing, but it is heaven in bubble form. It really is like laying in a field in the sun.

Aside from its beautiful scent, this bubble bar is also super moisturising thanks to the coconut oil and shea butter. It also looks like a odd shaped macaroon, which is super cute.

These retail for £3.50 and you can get 2 baths out of one bar. 


The Facial Cleanser

Surprise!! There's another Lush product in my favourites. Let The Good Times Roll. Lush says "This face and body cleanser is a gentle treat for the skin, leaving you soft to the touch with a buttery popcorn fragrance." THIS STUFF IS AWESOME!

It leaves my abysmally dry skin feeling and looking soft and smooth even on my worst skin days. It has real popcorn pieces in, along with exfoliating ingredients such as polenta and maize flour.

On a serious note, who the heck doesn't want a caramel popcorn scented face!!!

This retails at £6.35 for 100g which is a little pricey, but I will continue to repurchase as my skin loves it.




The Shampoo

Although there is currently 4 open shampoos in my shower, the Herbal Essences Bee Strong Strengthening Shampoo is my favourite everyday shampoo.
Herbal Essences says "This formula works to repair the protective outer layer of each strand of hair to leave it strong against combing damage." 

I really enjoy both the formula and scent of this shampoo, my dry and damaged hair feels much more manageable and smooth, and I feel like I have noticed less breaking and hair loss.

The price of this varies from shop to shop, it can be found in most supermarkets and pharmacies. It's currently on offer in Boots for £1.99 rather than £3.99.






The Hair Mask

Whilst I don't really have a current favourite conditioner, I do have a favourite mask, also from Herbal Essences. This Strengthening Intensive Mask is also from the Bee Strong range, and comes with pretty much the same claims as the shampoo.

I use this mask about once a week, and my hair always feels ridiculously soft once I rinse it out, and my hair is more manageable and seems to dry much quicker. 

Like the shampoo, this can be found in most supermarkets and pharmacies, and is currently on offer in Boots for £2.39 instead of £4.79.







The Serum

I've only recently started using this Frizz-Ease Extra Strength Formula Hair Serum but I have already noticed a difference in my hair. This claims to "Instantly transform the appearance of extremely course, extra thick, frizzy, chemically-damaged hair." 

My hair is literally all of those things, so it really puts this product to the test. I use it every time i wash my hair, and my hair becomes considerably less frizzy and disgusting.

This currently retails for £6.29 in both Boots and Superdrug. They're 3 for 2 in Boots and 2 for £8 in Superdrug.







The Body Wash


Soap and Glory Rich and Foamous Body Wash is the most perfect thing to ever wash the day from my skin. "Super Creamy, Ultra Sudsy, conditioning on dry skin, it's everything you ever wanted in a wash."

Not only is this body wash super moisturising and luxurious to use, it just smells so damn amazing! Almond, oats and brown sugar make you smell like a bakery, and I literally cannot stop sniffing myself when i get out of the shower. The scent lingers but not in an overpowering way and I just love it so much!!

The recommended retail price for this is £6.50 for a huge 500ml bottle which lasts forever. Iv'e currently only found this at Boots.






The Body Scrub


The only thing that smells even more amazing than my Soap and Glory Body Wash...The Soap and Glory Breakfast Scrub. This stuff is full of oats, shea butter, sugar, bananas, almonds and honey. It has a maple scent and could quite happily sit and sniff this all day long. As you may have noticed by now, I love smelling like a bakery.

The texture of this is super scrubby, without being too abrasive and harsh. The shea butter and banana give it a moisturising aspect which makes this product awesome for dry skin.

If I was to only recommend one product from my favourites it would most certainly be this, then the whole world can smell like maple syrup!!

This retails for £8 for a 300ml tub.



The Hand Wash?



A quick addition to show how much I like to smell like food products. My favourite hand soap, the Carex Hand Wash in the Cola Bottle Scent. As cola bottles are my favourite sweet/candy, there was no way I could pass up on trying this soap.

It claims to kill 99.9% of bacteria and doesn't dry out the hands. It is also available in a Strawberry Laces Scent and a Chocolate Orange scent, along with the more traditional soap scents. 

The cola bottle scent does not appear to be available at Superdrug, but is available at Boots for 92p instead of £1.85






What are your favourite bath and shower products?

Hope you're all having an amazing week.

BYEEEEEEEEE xxxx



No comments:

Post a Comment